Monday, May 5, 2008

Room Dividers for Small Living Spaces

A few years back, I used to live in Washington DC in a studio apartment. A few months of the year , I needed to share this space with a room mate also. It was a really small space with a living and dining attached and a small kitchen. Even though I did not have much stuff, I was constantly looking for different ways to accommodate my meagre possessions. I also found it difficult to maintain some privacy especially when there was a room mate or when I had friends over. For the decorator inside me, this situation was a real nightmare. Moving to a bigger apartment was out of the question because of the high cost of apartments in the DC area. When I was literally going crazy trying to find a balance between maximum utilisation of the small space and adding privacy and a touch of decor to the place, my roommate suggested that I should buy a room divider screen to solve my problem. After a slight hesitation, I bought my first room divider. Till today I think that buying the room divider was one of the wisest investments I’ve ever made in my life. After that first room divider, I’ve bought many more dividers to add a decorative touch to my home.

No comments: